Wednesday 11 March 2009

Keep Calm and Carry On

After a fair amount of anxiety last week about my inability to embrace change, I spent the weekend kicking and screaming like an insolent and rebellious toddler. Come Monday, I decided to accept my inner crazy and move along, nothing to see here folks. Subsequent to said decision I have been spending each evening indulging in all my SSB (Super Single Behaviour) which includes, but is not limited to:

-Eating nothing but popcorn for dinner complimented with a large glass of red wine

-Watching really crap telly (Mistresses, The Hills, Gossip Girl) when I have a million other things I should be doing

-Staying in my PJ's all day when I work from home

-Taking an obscenely long bath before bed with only a candle lit, because we all look better by candle light

-Gossiping on the phone, while doing my nails and stalking people on FaceBook

-Going to bed silly early or ridiculously late

-Sleeping on the sofa, just because I love it*

Like an addict, I know I can give these things up anytime I want to. I am not hurting anyone, I have it under control. No one needs to know about this, it can be our secret.

*Truth be told, this does usually follow several drinks at an undisclosed West End wine bar with a certain Irish Blonde. Genuinely, I do love to sleep on my sofa every now and again though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a cool lifestyle.