Tuesday 18 March 2008

Meet me in New York


In case my 2.5 readers didn't notice, I am trying to spice things up by including pictures with my posts. I figure even people who can't read (ie the .5 in 2.5) can still look at peerty photos. Who am I kidding? I am actually trying to get 3.5 readers. The model photograph was step one.



Step two is to start taking personal trips in addition to spending 75% of my time travelling for work. That way I get to spend my own money, stay in hotels that aren't nearly as nice and am relegated to cattle class with the normal people on airplanes. Hurrah! I jest. Hopefully this will give me some more fun blog material and people can stop reading about work this, work that. All who know me will attest that I try and take just as many leisure trips as business, this year has just been extra heavy on the business side.



So first on the agenda is a trip to NYC for my birthday. Hurrah again! I have several friends there and one of my 'Merican mates from the West Coast is representing as well. And (drum roll please) CB is also coming along. Big deal me thinks, first holiday together and his first time in NY. I am very excited (72 hours to take off) and actually had a dream the other night that CB got kicked to the back of the plane where there was no catering or bar service while I was upgraded to First Class. God Bless BA! I mean, erm, what's wrong with BA? Here's the kicker, in my dream, I negotiated with the airline staff to get him up with me since I am flying on my birthday. Christ on a stick! I am negotiating in my dreams? Clearly work has taken a toll on me this year. Next thing I know I am going to be issuing press releases about my holiday. Wait, that's kinda what this is isn't it? This is bad.

3 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Awesome! Have a good time. Wish I could join you ;-)!

Unknown said...

My couch awaits you! So very much looking forward to seeing you this weekend! YAY. have a good flight, x

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time in NYC! Relax, be merry etc. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!