Wednesday 1 October 2008

To Bin or Not to Bin

CB and I are planning to live in sin. Co-habitat. Shack up. It may take awhile for all pieces of the puzzle to come together logistically, but I am very excited about it. In contrast to the other times I have made this decision, I know it's for the right reasons this time and that we are working toward mutual goals and a shared future. I got to thinking a couple of weeks ago, about the ex files. I normally never even think about the small box of mementos I have kept from each of my significant relationships. When I say small, I mean seriously small. Smaller then a shoe box. I also have a massive (shoe size) box of cards, letters, theatre tickets, concert tickets etc which have nothing to do with romantic relationships. I am not a pack rat by any means, but I guess I hold on to these little things because they create a sense of history for me that moving about a lot can negate. So with each move, these have come with me and typically they get put up in a cupboard or on a bookshelf somewhere. Something tells me that I need to get rid of them now with the M word being discussed and the B word chasing its tail. Any burning thoughts on this?*

*I am not sure if anyone even reads my blog anymore, but I guess this will be a good barometer for whether or not I carry on writing. Although, who am I kidding. I talk to myself, I would likely write to myself even if I knew no one was reading.

8 comments:

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debby said...

I do, I do! I read your blog still. Who else better to live vicariously through?? I'm so excited for your latest move. I want to hear all about it!

ReckenRoll said...

I am still here too and just back in the blogging game myself. Love keeping up on the life and times!

Girl Friday said...

Phew! At least I have 2 readers. Talking to yourself is one thing, writing to yourself may be a whole new level of crazy.

Unknown said...

Keep writing! - I can't have all my favourite bloggers taking indefinite blogging vacations (Cherry Ride do you hear me????) I mean, how else I am to live vicariously?

And congrats on the big decision- I know it's not one you'd take lightly.

Anonymous said...

Yes, keep blogging! And I get what the M word is, but the B word?

Girl Friday said...

KR: Thanks, it's true, this is it for me, no more feffing about.

SR: Le Bebe

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!