Wednesday 17 October 2007

Bitter is as Bitter does

It's not usual for me, I rarely go there, but from time to time I hit a patch of bitter along the slick roads of life. I refuse to blame it on being single, because I reckon you can be resentful and angry regardless of wether or not there is a warm body next to you each night. Saturday I was having brunch with 2 girlfriends and with very little prompting heard myself launch into a tirade on men in general and a few in particular. I could hear my own insanity and realised that people at the surrounding tables were likely warning their children to stay clear of crazy in the black top with the eggs benedict. I don't even know where all that hostility came from. I would like to think it's me taking on the plight of every single (ok all 3) girl in my life, but in reality it sounded more like I had a personal vendeta against anyone packing their own travel size frank and beans. So disarming was my one person speakers corner monolouge that I turned to my friends once I ran out of breath and asked the all important question, "Am I bitter? I think I might be bitter! Or am I just realistic." They did as any good women in their (very cute) shoes would do. In unison they replied NO! of course you aren't. Well, yes, I think I am, but I also think a good evening of flirting will knock it right out of my system.

No comments: