Tuesday 30 October 2007

sex lies and videotape

Ok, that's a bit misleading, especially given I've not seen an actual videotape this century.Actually, that's a lie too as one of my best mates still "tapes" her favourite shows and watches them when she's bored. I digress.


While relaying the events of another thrilling "night in the life of a London girl" to my colleagues one morning last week, it hit me. P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C! Honestly, I'm in my prime (or at least all the Uni boys I date think I am) and look at me I am dissapointing couples who want to live vicariously! Wednesday night consisted of a bad relationship programme on BBC2, a skipped stop at the gym, a massive bowl of popcorn and sign up to a new trendy dating website. I was quite happy when chatting about my very enjoyable evening until I realised I was being met with looks of horror from my two very coupled work mates. It appears they depend on me for tales of drinking until the wee hours or a date gone awry; clearly I had let them down. Never one to dissapoint I awoke the next day with a renewed vigor toward my rather lagging dating roster these days. Unfortunately, on a Friday morning I had no where but the office to take all this new found motivation to pull. I therefore spent most of the day flirting with the camera man who was shooting a video for me. I am strict "no company pens in my ink" kinda gal, but

1. he does not work for the same company I do

2. I cannot watch any more of those pathetic shows

3. He was fit



So there you have it, that was Girl Friday's Family version of sex, lies and videotape. Oh and Lpeg.....London is fab. As long as you can party like a rockstar, like me.

2 comments:

Lpeg said...

I think I am going to have to take you up on that and see for myself. See you in 8 months? :)

Girl Friday said...

See you then Lpeg :)