Friday 25 April 2008

Redemption

Spring is an amazing time of year. Cherry blossoms bloom, rain washes away the grit and dust left over from the snow in the winter and the sun finally begins to peek out from hiding. It's also a time, I find, for reevaluating things in ones life. I have a good mate who "spring cleans" friends when she realises the relationship has reached its sell by date. I tend to take a good inventory of where I am at in my life, given that a quarter of the year has passed, and decide if I am on track for where I want to be by Jan of next year. If I am not, I reassess.


My last trip to Turkey was truly awful. In jest I blogged about the surface irritants, but in reality, it was a lot worse. Business was bad and I saw no light at the end of the tunnel for me achieving my PR goals in that region...EVER. Fast forward to last night when I arrived at Heathrow with a whole new outlook on Constantinople. This trip was good. Business was good, leisure was good and team building was successful. Result, Hurrah! It also reminded me how circumstantial the positive or negative perception of situations can be. In life, if we tweak a couple of things, can it make all the difference in the outcome? Or at the very least, the perceived outcome? Me thinks yes.


Bit too deep for a Friday, I admit. I think the barista spiked my soy latte this morning.

No comments: