Thursday 1 May 2008

I am old

Contrary to popular belief (likely due to my juvenile behaviour and very young boyfriend) I think I may be getting old. Without further ado, I present you with some recent evidence to support this suspicion. Laugh if you will, but this is serious stuff people.
  1. 1. I am starting to get my boyfriends mixed up. Let me be clear when I say "boyfriends" plural. I am no floosie, I have only had 3 of what I would call a "boyfriend" in the last 5 years. I takes a lot for me to refer to someone as a BF and typically there is some awkward social situation that ends in tears (theirs not mine) where I am forced to acquiesce. The other night NicB pulled a film out of his rucksack that he had borrowed from a mate. Hey, I wanna see this, it looks good. Yeah, I said, saw it, don't you remember? I went through that whole WWII phase and saw all the Hitler documentaries? Blank look from him. Uh huh, I daftly carried on, we watched that German one you have, then we watched the Dutch one then.....now I started to realise it wasn't him at all, it was someone else. Oh well anyway, uh huh, it's good. NicB stared at me in disbelief and then said, Girl, you clearly have me confused with your other boyfriend. Ha Ha I laughed, at least I got rid of him the other day. Cringe

  2. I have begun to wear flats 1 day a week and almost all weekend except when I go out. I am more upset about this then the above misstep

  3. Anyone born in the 80's seems young to me. The reality is some of them are 28 already (and that's older then NicB)

  4. A friend called for a goss last night and asked if she had woke me up, it wasn't even 10. I lied and said no, I was reading. My grandmother is the only person I know who reads with the lights out and her eye mask pulled down

  5. I wake up every morning at the same time, even if it's Saturday. This has been going on for about 4 months. It's infuriating

  6. I am contributing more to my pension plan then I used to budget for food every month and only about a third of what I used to budget for booze

  7. Today I am wearing tights (f'ing England, I tell you, it's bloody raining and cold on 1 May) and they have that extra support stuff on top. I'm not even ashamed

  8. My big plans for the bank holiday weekend include: park, cinema,baking, shopping and lunch. Watch out, I'm out of control!

  9. I took 2 naps last weekend. EACH DAY, not in total

  10. I was a bit melancholy on Sunday and spent the day baking to cheer myself up. That's not the scary bit, the scary bit is, it worked



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not the flat shoes!!! NOOOOOOO!

ReckenRoll said...

I love this list. Apparently, I am old too...AND LOVING IT.