Wednesday 17 December 2008

BLEEEEHHHH

Well, that about sums it up, glad I got that off my chest. After months of touching wood that I hadn't gotten ill given my insane travel schedule, work commitments, social commitments and well, living in a dirty germy big city in winter. It happened. I still believe I could have avoided it if I wasn't in love. Damn love. Since Oct, CB has been staying at mine more then he stays at his (when I am in London) but last week he went back to his and looked after his flatmate who was poorly. I hasten to use the word Flu as I think it's used too liberally to describe general illness, but he was sick with fever, body aches, the works. I knew in my head that I should tell CB to stay home for a few days instead of coming back to mine, but I couldn't do it. Even after knowing him for a year and a half, I still miss him the minute he walks out the door. So I rolled the dice and well, I got sick. I fought it for a day, drank some whisky and said I was just "trying to get sick" but insisted I wouldn't. Then I went to a Chrimbo party on Friday night. Sat I was out for the count, except I couldn't tell if it was illness or hangover. I flaked out on CB et al who were going to the Rugby Sat night and instead curled up and watched the Strictly Semi-Finals and X Factor Finale. Klassy. Sunday I was feeling better and CB was feeling awful. So I baked and cooked while looking after the boy. I made Christmas goodies, soup, and even Sunday roast. Then I sat down. I'll skip the sordid details, but let's just say I showered about an hour ago for the first time since Monday morning. There are dishes in my sink that have been there since Sunday night and I am keeping the pharmaceutical company in business who makes Lemsip. I am a big eater, food is my thing. I think I can count on one hand the number of meals I have had since Sunday. The number of tablets I have taken, tissues I have gone through, vitamins I have swallowed....that is another story. I am not a good sick person. I am a good busy person, I am a good too busy person, I am not a good do nothing person. Whatever this lurgy is, you feel fine until you do anything remotely resembling something. It hurts to think. I get dizzy when I stand up or walk even the distance of my shoebox sized flat. My skin feels like I have a sunburn and it's about 2 degrees outside. Woo Hoo. Like I said before people, Rock and Roll. We leave next Tuesday for a week away with Mum and Dad CB. I CANNOT be sick for my first English Christmas. I simply can't.

No comments: