Wednesday 10 December 2008

Socially Inept Vasectomy Guy

My friends and I found this book yonks ago, Are You My Boyfriend? It's absolutely hilarious and provided (if I'm honest on a few nights after too much wine, it still does) hours of entertainment for the girls and I. I distinctly remember sitting round at mine with 2 buck chuck, a roaring fire and giggling until we had a side ache. The book profiles all the different types of men we have (or will at some point date). For instance: He's Not My Father Guy. It's Not You It's Me Boy. Mr Ladylover Man. Living For Tonight Dude. There is a sketch and then a lengthy description of suggested man, leaving only the question, Are YOU My Boyfriend?

Last night I received a note from a friend who is hot on the dating circuit. She got the following email on Match*

Match.com Message: cooking school invite‏

Sent: Tue 12/09/08 3:02 PM
From: Casanova

To: Large group of Match women who may be Desperate, but not Broody
Date received: December 9, 2008
Subject: cooking school invite

Hello

I am sending out this e-mail to any interested match.com gal's. Please review my profile first.
I am looking for " co - cook partner " to take in a Saturday night cooking classes or two with me.

Note: classes are at the seafood center in Some City USA 6:00pm - 9:00pm

If you are interested in seafood cooking school, we may have something in common. No offence intended, but if you are 35 with no kids - but definitely want 2 kids your clock is ticking. Fyi - I have had a vasectomy. Please let me know, so I can wish you good luck, and remove you from my circle. Other wise interested people please e-mail me so we can make plans and get on the calendar.

Thanks Casanova


I think we need to add a character to the AYMBF book: Socially Inept Vasectomy Guy.

*Names and places have been changed to protect the dating challenged and the innocent

1 comment:

ReckenRoll said...

I got a Match.com guy who wanted to warn me that:

"I'm allergic to cats. So if you have one, and lots of girls do, that's going to be a problem. Just want to be up front about that"

Now I feel like I got off easy.