Monday 8 December 2008

My Exciting Weekend

Let's be clear, I needed a break. I needed to be looked after this weekend. Between travelling and some personal drama, Girl Friday was in need of some R&R. And that is precisely what I got. I tell you what, I am pretty sure CB is a 70 year old trapped in the body of someone born in the 80's. I dig it.

Friday night we went to my new local, the pub isn't new, but me claiming it as my local is. We sat by a very lovely and well decorated Christmas tree (I know this because I was sternly told not to hang my coat on the coat hooks next to the Christmas tree "in case" I knocked an ornament off. The barmaid, don't you know, spent all day decorating the tree) and I had my first mulled wine of the season. MMMMM. Friday morning on my way to a meeting I had my first Christmas Latte, Friday apparently was my December day of first. After said tipple, we got some sushi, a movie and much wine on the way home. There is a wine shop down the street from me that offers 3 for 2 on almost every bottle and they have some decent ones at that. So logic goes, you pick up a bottle or 2 and say, well why not one more, it's free. Then if you find another, the pattern begins to repeat itself. We left with a half case. Per usual I digress. We were in bed by about 11 I think and the highlight of our evening was Gavin and Stacey and the extra noodles in my Dynamite Miso (sans the polonium).

Sat, we were up at the crack, cos that's what happens when you go to bed before midnight. My toilet decided to stop flushing, which was fun. Especially with a boy in the house. I am not sure what it is about men, but they do something to toilets that's just not right. I fixed the toilet until a plumber could come on Monday and we headed to Starbucks. After which we headed off to the NHM to see the Wildlife Photography of the Year exhibit. This remains, year on year, one of my favourite exhibits. We skipped the ice skating as there were too many people. Sat night (wait for this, it's thrilling, you might need to sit down) we came home and the big decision of the evening was whether to watch the film we rented the night before or watch X Factor. I made a lovely dinner and we watched the film. Again, in bed by about 11:30.

Sunday morning I made a nice breakfast and cleaned the flat and we lazed about with the papers for most of the day. Late afternoon I made the grave mistake of asking if we could go get the Christmas tree. We did, but I learned a lesson. No one moves CB from his papers and Sunday afternoon laze without consequence. I decorated the tree, CB made a lovely stew and we watched Love Actually, which has become one of my December traditions.

Rock and Roll life people, Rock and Roll. It's tough being me, there is a lot of action.

No comments: