Tuesday 3 February 2009

Are you having a laugh?

I am mean, I know. I can't help it. Once again, an entry contributed by my mate who is Matchtastic. I am sure she is not laughing when she opens requests from men such as the one below, but I am. Not at her, with her of course. Honesty is great, as is a realistic view of one's situation, but seriously?
You might as well hang a sign over your neck that says Will Date for Pity and stand on Oxford Street on a Saturday night.


Hi my name is XXX, I have been through a lot in my short life time which has made me stronger, more patient, dedicated and a hard worker. I AM NOT perfect but I try my best to be a great man. I am currently divorced which broke my heart, I had 2 beautiful children that I will never see again because they were not biologically mine but I loved them the same and I will miss them very much. I love children and would love to have 2 of my own someday, but not yet, they are very expensive which I found out from my marriage. So regarding that I want to make it through College first so I can actually be able to support and provide for a great family. Family is very important to me and I am very close to my mum, she is sick and not doing too good so I do like to check up on her from time to time. I also love animals, I had a Corgi but he died about a year ago. My parents had 2 white shepherds, a cocker spaniel, and another Corgi. I also had a Tobby the cat but he got stuck in a tree and that's the last time I saw him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erm, never mind the baggage; that's a whole department store of emotions he's lugging around.

Unknown said...

I suddenly feel better about some of the men who've approached me for dates.

Girl Friday said...

Fweng and Blonde. I personally think you should both feel better about every aspect of your dating dilemas. That sad sack has the market cornered on dating donts. Can you imagine the first date? His plethora of woes would have you bored to tears before the mains arrived. Bored or Drunk. I'd get drunk out of pity.