Friday 2 November 2007

Recycled Air

I can't really sleep on planes. I mean it's usually not the best sensory experience and the recyled air, well it's just wrong. I can, but the means by which I get there is not worth the end. Suffice to say with the distances I tend to travel, one has a lot of time to think. Well think and watch bad movies, but sometimes the bad movies make you think even more. Anyway, I am far far from any of the places I call home at the moment and the flight here was 12 hours. I had a lot of time to think and funny enough, it was all very superficial. Brace yourself reader ( I am pretty sure there is only one) becuase I am about to get blonde on you with DEEP thoughts.

So I did that whole signing up to a dating site thing for one very specific reason, I firmly believe it takes a date to get a date. It must be pheromones or something, but as soon as you line up a date (you don't even have to go on it) you will inevitably get another. So I made a few dates for when I return to the UK within a couple of days of being on the dating site. Like clockwork, 2 days later I got a text from Cricket Boy asking if I wanted to have a drink. Being away bought me some space to decide. Perfect timing as I'm not sure I want to open that chapter again. Quite sure he's not ready for a new chapter and there is only so much recycling one girl with so many dates can do.

2 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Umm, why didn't you tell me you'd started a new blog??

Girl Friday said...

CR-I totally did :)You must have missed the memo. Isn't it so much better?