Saturday 10 November 2007

Nervous

I met a boy last night when I was least expecting it (of course). Product whore that I am, I quickly found the coolest little apothecary here in Jo'Burg. They do custom body lotions, bath melts, lip balms and other fun stuff. Needless to say I have spent more of my fair share (and money) there over the last 2 weeks. Last night I went in to pick up some of the things that quickly became favourites for xmas gifts, only this time the owner was there. Instant connection doesn't even describe the interaction that ensued. We talked and drank wine until I had to go to a business dinner and made plans to meet up tonight. He and his friend invited me to see a local band with them and they are due here to pick me up any minute. I am nervous. I rarely get nervous. I am unflappable usually. But I am sitting in my hotel room, palms sweating, 12 outfits later waiting to go meet them, not wanting to be early. Ok here goes.

No comments: