Tuesday 8 January 2008

rebellious

When I was a child there was an understood rule that you weren't allowed to start one thing before you finished another. Ok maybe it was actually spoken. You know how you couldn't open the Fruit Loops (yes, for me it was granola and grape nuts, but you get the point) before the box of Coco Puffs were through or start on one hobby whilst still enraptured by another? I learned over Christmas that not all families were like this, but based on the discussions we had, I think the ones that weren't are the exception.
If I had a dime (well let's make it fifty pence since an American dime is about as useless as a vicker in a brothel at the moment) for every time when I was home that I got the "So, anyone special yet?" speech, followed by the expectant gaze...well let's just say I'd be somewhere sunnier and warmer right now. But the truth is, I'm not sure I want 1 special person yet. I think I want Captain Crunch, Fruity Pebbles and Graham Cracker Crunch. I'm not ready to finish one box before I start another. I want to figure out which cereal I like better before I commit to one cereal for the rest of the week!!! Is that SOOO wrong? ADD? Perhaps, but I reckon it's latent rebellion. Either that or Peter Pan syndrome. Maybe I just want to get the prize out of each and never actually eat the cereal at all!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I don't think I could ever eat a ceral named after someone called Graham.