Friday 11 January 2008

the week that wouldn't end

I honestly think this has to be the longest week of the year. Surely, someone somewhere in some almanac or official record has noted this. A prize to the first reader who validates this with a credible data point.

In other news, Friday's seem to have become the corporate sponsored "do sod all" day of the working week. Even the lovely canteen here in nether regions of England somewhere vaguley close to London but nowhere near any other food establishments has decided that Friday doesn't count. No fruit this morning, no yogurt bar, no smoothies. It's like a 3rd world country I tell you.*

And another thing, can you explain to me this whole friend request on Facebook thing? I actually said to someone a few months ago, " I am sorry X (read 20 year old boy who lives in Surrey with mum and day) I am not going to accept your friendship request because you are not my friend, in fact I don't know you." How is someone who WANTS to be friends with you in the same category on Facebook as the person who saw you vomit on yourself in front of the bloke you fancied after you kissed your best friends boyfriend with your fly down, back in Uni? Can someone explain this to me?

Can someone also expain who benefits from toasters with slots that are too narrow? Who only uses the toaster for bread the thickness of 10p? And why do all the umbrellas they sell in the places where you would need an umbrella most (shops in Paddington for example) cost £15 and fall apart within a week?

Alright, those are all the questions I can come up with in the 30 minutes of the day in which I have decided to do nothing.

Have a super weekend and wish me inspiration for more interesting posts soon which are not so offensive.

*Although I know that term is wrong on so many levels, there's nothing really as impactful in my vocabulary today.

1 comment:

Loaf said...

Not found any government research into it yet, but I agree this has been a particularly long week. But thankfully we're at the end of it!

Go out, paint the town, and come back with tales to tell next week :)