Friday 18 January 2008

Breakfast will never be the same

I am still not sure that I should be shouting this from the roof tops as it's such early days that the bottom could fall out at any minute, but alas I don't want to hold you in suspense for any longer. I changed my mind and decided that I didn't want cereal for breakfast at all anymore. No Fruit Loops, no Captain Crunch no Cocoa Puffs. Cereal is overrated anyway. Now the prizes were just taking up space and the sugar was making me stomach sick. I forgot that I had eggs, toast and a smoothie. Well the truth is, I thought they had reached their expiry date last summer. In reality they were just hiding and last weekend they found me and convinced me to take a chance and have a full breakfast rather then a sugary treat.
Eggs, Toast and Smoothie could also be interpreted as Cricket Boy. Turns out he was ready for a new chapter and also seemed to be ready to skip any awkward "getting reacquainted" malarkey. The best part about this is that he came to me, he realised he was a fool and he convinced me to give him another shot. Admit it! We have all wished at one time or another that someone we really wanted would come to their senses and want us too. Anyone who knows me understands that this particular situation is the stuff books are written about and classic romance movies are built on. The only other time I can say this has happened the person in his shoes had done horrible things that I never should have forgiven. CB just freaked out, told me he was freaking out and decided to take time to figure out what he really wanted. Turns out what he really wanted, was me.
Cue music and chirping birds.

2 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Good on ya, girl! Good news indeed!

Loaf said...

Glad he saw sense ;)

Congratulations and enjoy your breakfast!