Wednesday 9 July 2008

Fo Sheezy

Yeah, ok, so obviously I was the only one who found the Jive version of my blog so funny that I wet myself. So we will now return to our regularly scheduled programming. I had an eventful 5 days since I last posted, so thought I would enlighten the fine people of blog land on some of my observations

  • Rufus Wainwright. I have several people that I KNOW are going to get angry with me when they read this, but that's a chance I have to take. I really like the Ruf, I do, but I did not like him in concert at Kenwood House on Sat night. It could have something to do with the fact that in a vain attempt to drop my body weight, I left part of my thumb at home, but I found him very depressing. I also found the couple next to us very depressing. It was one of those combos where you know the girl doesn't think she's dating a gay guy, but she's the only one who thinks that. I know you know what I mean.


  • Dubai. That place scares me, always has, always will. Anywhere that has manufactured wind on the beach to mask the fact that it's hotter then hell, might actually be...SHOCK AWE..hell?


  • Exhaustion. It makes you do crazy things. I blame my Blog last Friday on exactly that.


  • Love. See exhaustion, well sans the bit about the blog.


  • Movies on Planes. There's something funny about the mindset you are in when you watch movies on planes. I watch things on planes that I would never even rent. You are a captive audience. I do not recommend coming home and trying to convince your friends that something you saw on a plane is really really good and they should rent it. It's highly probable that it wasn't good, it definitely wasn't really really good and the only reason you enjoyed it is because you read the in flight magazine twice and were pretending that the battery on your laptop was dead.

That's all I've got for you today folks, I at least hope you enjoy it more then my jive translations. Slap mah fro. (you have to admit at least THAT part was funny)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always cry when I watch movies on planes, no matter what they are about - dramas and tear-jerkers, but comedies and documentaries as well. I know I am reknowned for liking a good cry perhaps a little more frequently than others, but that doesn't explain the plane thing - I once had an air hostess on BA come up to me to check if everything really was OK, and since it was, could I please keep it down?!?

I blame the altitude. Alcohol mixed with high altitudes and slight oxygen deprivation probably doesn't help much either.

Girl Friday said...

KR:how right you are! And let's be honest,one can use the altitude/jetlag excuse for a good 24 hours after the flight.