Monday 21 July 2008

Grace

Those who know me well know that I am anything but graceful. I have been called a bull in a china shop more times then I can count. It used to describe every facet of my personality. The take no prisoners attitude of my 20s, however, gave way to a less aggressive more considered woman of a certain age, but I still struggle to keep limbs in tact and anything breakable unbroken.
Luckily most people that love me can laugh about it, but I assume there comes a point when even the most long suffering person throws their hands up in despair. I remember one time when trying to sort out a problem with a good mates hard drive I busted the entire hanging rack (where the the CPU lived) off of the the desk. She was understandably irked. Most sets of things that I own which can break are incomplete. I have 5 dinner plates, 5 champagne flutes, 3 lovely tea cups from Turkey and as of yesterday 3 beautiful wine glasses from Sweden.
My mans was washing up and I was drying. The stem of the wine glass I was toweling busted right in half in my hand. I swear, I can't be that strong, I am a midget for crying out loud. Accustom to my mishaps he looked at me and first said, are you ok? After nodding yes, he removed the top and bottom of the glass from my hand, placed it in the bin and shook his head. "Remind me when we are properly together", he said "never to buy expensive stemware." I can only assume "properly together" means when he makes an honest woman out of me, which I hope is not dependent on my ability to stop being a klutz.

I hate that I am so clumsy, but honestly I don't know what I can do about it. I had a really good 6 months recently where I didn't break anything (and this included a move) or injure myself significantly. Then just within the last 4 months I have: Broken a bowl, broken a picture frame, sliced the tip off my thumb, crushed my toe causing most of my toe nail to crumble off, broken the blinds in my office at work (it now is sans the pull cord which means I have to manually roll it to about half way and wedge the bottom rod sideways between the metal window frame, hot!), spilled an entire glass of red wine on my beige carpet and broken my toilet seat so it slides any time someone sits down now. Don't even ask me how I did that, I honestly have no idea.

Is there like a vitamin or something that one can take for this type of behaviour?

No comments: