Wednesday 23 July 2008

Space

Ones sense of personal space is highly, well personal, isn't it? It's also culturally relative, I do realise that. I reckon all those things considered, I still need a much larger amount of personal space in public spaces then many. I notice myself constantly backing up when people are talking to me or inching forward in queue when the person behind me gets too close. Is it me or is it unacceptable to feel a strangers breath on your neck in a non crowded environment. When I am having a particularly cranky morning commute or evening commute, which lets face it, is at least 2 days out of 5, I will stop dead in my tracks until the jack ass behind me realises that no two people who aren't trying to procreate should be that close. When I encounter a close talker, I literally want to draw out a square in front of me, like in Dirty Dancing, and say, this is my space, that is your space.
Ok, rant over for the day, but seriously..does anyone else have this issue?

2 comments:

Jay said...

I'm a space whore too.
I even have some funny moments with boyfriends because I can't do the cuddling thing like most girls. I have my moments, but I also have this need for space, I crave it, and I guess at this point, I have stopped apologizing.

Girl Friday said...

And so then shall I Jay. So shall I.