Thursday 14 February 2008

head and shoulders

I spent the evening with Jamie Cullum and the CEO of my company last night. Not one for name dropping typically, but I have to say the evening was so bizarre (in a good way) that the players have to be mentioned. I should also point out that my company is in a massive time of growth and success so the CEO is a business name in many households.
In PR you frequently end up with the important people in an effort to repell or attract press. It's an occupational hazard or benefit depending on the people involved. I have often been told I have a good head on my shoulders. Although I've never really understood what this means. I do what needs to be done and I don't take myself or others too seriously. Life is too short to worry about the little stuff and pass up a party at Pacha making sure the CEO is enjoying Spain. If that makes my head different then others, well so be it!

3 comments:

jiminycricket said...

You PR lot and your name dropping! haha..
I get to rub shoulders with some famous types through my work... but they're only famous to massive design nerds. It's weird though to have casual conversations with people that are seen as such important sorts...
Hope your head stays good!

Girl Friday said...

Ahh JC, you're like the conscience on my shoulder.

jiminycricket said...

Haha...
But does this mean you have a really long nose??