Wednesday 6 February 2008

me me me

I like to think myself a generous person. I always offer my girlfriends a bit of hand lotion or lippy if I'm pulling it out, I always try NOT to step on the bloke sleeping in the underground tunnel, and I even offered to let my cleaning lady have an apple if she got hungry last spring when she cleaned my flat for 6 hours straight (no one should eat at Texa Fried Chicken). You can then imagine my surprise when faced this weekend with a most unusual situation, putting someone elses needs on par with mine. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm fine with thinking of someone else on the odd day, but not all the time. I mean, that's a lot to ask, right?
So this weekend I mention in passing to CB that I am basically gone from this weekend until the second week in March. He gets out his diary (for the Americans that means agenda/day planner thingy) and starts some sort of Q&A session on when I will be in London. Completely taken aback and immediately assume there is some type of stalker behaviour here that I failed to detect previously. I must have broken out into a sweat whilst visions of midnight phone calls and unexpected visits haunted me. GF? Hello? Are you in London (points to day on calendar) this day? If you are I have a dinner party I would like you to come to with me. Erm, well, yeah ehm, sure yeah. Let's talk about that closer to the time. CB=perplexed look
Me= self involved twat not accustomed to thinking of anyone else

No comments: