Friday 29 February 2008

Stopping to Breath

But only for a second. I was looking at one of those scales online that rates the most stressful life events people can encounter in rank order and I think I have ticked at least 3 boxes in the last 6 months. Thank god I am not married so I don't have to worry about getting divorced.
In any case, I had a brief respite from travel this week and am off again to Germany Monday, with a side trip to Derby this weekend. Derby you ask? Why would anyone in their right mind go to Derby? Well, CB planned a little outting for us to see the Soweto Gospel Choir and with my insane schedule, Derby was the closest city we could fit in. If you have never heard them, they are amazing. Listen before you judge me for treking up to Derby on my one free Saturday this century.
In other news, I made the leap to leave West London and signed a lease in St Johns Wood last night. I am thrilled to explore North London and comforted to still have a W in my postcode. I remember now why I move as infrequently as possible here, it's a bloody nightmare. Couple that with a very busy time at work, loads of travel and other things that have sucked the life out of me and that's me dead inside and outside for that matter. Good I still have chirpy birds and rosey glasses or I might be on the fast train to looney ville!

1 comment:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Hooray for you - a move will be a good thing!!