Tuesday 19 February 2008

Sunset, Sunrise

I have already covered my inability to sleep on planes, as a matter of fact it was my last visit here that drove this truth home. Being all "birds chirping, sun shining, life is just a bowl of cherries" as I am at the moment, I saw the upside on last nights 12 hour flight of not being able to doze. I got to see sunset over the English channel as we began our ascent and sunrise over the magnificent African desert as we concluded our descent. Something about Africa feels like home. I can't explain it, but two of my mates who have lived here knew exactly what I meant when I said this last year. It's not familiarty, or sight or smell or foliage or people. I really can't put my finger on it, but it's like when you make a new friend and you know they are meant to be in your life for a long time to come. There's nothing tangible to point to, it's just a feeling.

2 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Have a good trip!

ReckenRoll said...

I felt the same way both times I have landed in Africa. I don't know what it is but it's such a good feeling!